auticon is hiring a Software Engineer with Quality Assurance Experience. If you have an autism diagnosis and are experienced with quality assurance automation, manual testing, and software engineering, we want to hear from you!
As a Software Engineer at auticon, you will help our clients with creating solutions and building products. auticon is a unique autism-friendly technology consulting company. The nature of our consulting work means that as a Software Engineer, you could work on a variety of projects using different skills and be working in either scrum teams or agile pods across multiple teams and/or clients. You will be working remotely from anywhere in the US for a startup team where you may need to change priorities quickly!
We realize that getting and keeping a job can be challenging, so we’re on your side. At auticon we provide supports such as a job coach, a delivery manager and a technical trainer who will work with your individual needs to help you succeed through every stage of your career.
- Minimum 2+ years on the job experience with tools/skills like C#, Selenium, Java, and Performance Testing
- Experience with API (rest assured, postman), database (sql), integration and performance testing (jmeter)
- Experienced with cloud services like AWS and/or Azure
- Be comfortable working approximately 70% of the time in programming and 30% of the time in manual testing
- Exposure DevOps and CI/CD principles + best practices
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment (this could mean dropping one project to start another)
- Ability to work independently including troubleshooting, communicating with teammates to find solutions, and be able to pivot as needed for the project
- Desire to learn new skills and open to working across different areas of software and data
- With support from your auticon Job Coach and Delivery Manager, able to work in agile environments in client teams and with changes to project focus
- Experience with page-object model and page factory
- AWS/Azure Certificate(s)
- Experience with AzureDevOps, JIRA, New Relic, and ProductBoard
Examples of What You’ll Do
- With the support of your auticon Job Coach, Delivery Manager, and Learning and Development Coach, you will work with our client’s team to build solutions for their products and services
- Design, develop, and test front end, back end, services, batch, streaming, or other software (with the exact of work balance depending on your career goals and the project)
- Own the quality of the solutions you create through unit testing, automated testing, and supporting your solutions both before and after they’re in production (with the exact balance depending on your career goals and the project)
- Contribute to a productive agile environment by partnering closely with necessary stakeholders, deploying often, and inspecting and adapting as needed
- Share and receive feedback and knowledge to help our clients improve their systems and products
auticon provides an amazing autistic workforce to improve our client’s technology projects. Our teams specialize in all areas of the software and data lifecycle, including software development, data analysis, quality assurance and testing, automation engineering, and more. We encourage diverse work cultures, recognize each employee for their individual talents and support needs, and deliver outstanding quality to our customers. We work in a team environment where all the team members share a common desire to learn, grow, and have a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
auticon’s Core Values
- We are willing to learn and grow
- We strive to have a positive attitude
- We collaborate and support each other
- We respect individual differences
- 3 weeks paid time off + 1 week paid December office closure
- 10 paid sick days
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance covered at 100% of the base cost
- Affordable elective insurances
- Personalized learning and development plan and upskilling opportunities
- Job coach support – as little or as much as you need!
- Working in an autistic majority company, including autistic leadership
- Working for major fortune 500 clients
Submit your resume here or send an email to with your resume attached, briefly stating whether you have an autism spectrum diagnosis and what your expertise is.
auticon provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org