auticon is a social enterprise whose mission is to provide long-term career opportunities for autistic adults. We employ autistic people as IT and Data Consultants, and they deliver high-quality services to our clients. As autism is the cornerstone of our social mission, we do ask applicants for these roles to provide evidence of an autism spectrum condition diagnosis or confirmation that they are considering obtaining a diagnosis.
Are you autistic and looking for a career in data science? Do you have good attention to detail, pattern recognition and error-detection or have an analytical mindset? Would you like to work in an environment where neurodiversity is celebrated and autistic staff are supported to thrive?
Our business is growing, we are expanding our Dublin practice and are looking for data scientists, data analysts and data engineers to join our team of talented autistic consultants. We recruit on a rolling basis with flexible start dates.
What the role involves
You will join our consulting team which comprises Associates, Consultants and Senior Consultants. You will be a permanent employee of auticon, but most of your day-to-day work will be with one of our clients. You will add skills and expertise to the client’s team or project. Most of our clients are large multinational organisations who require expertise in areas such as data analysis, data visualisaton, data engineering, machine learning or AI. You get the chance to work on interesting assignments with our clients, whilst still having all of the support of being an auticon employee. When you are between projects, your employment with us continues and we support you to further develop your skills.
What we offer
- A salary of €29,000 – €47,000 (dependent upon skills and experience)
- Normally €29,000 – €36,000 for Associates with lower levels of work experience, or €33,000 – €47,000 for Consultants with more relevant work experience or practical application of skills via a PhD for example.
- Permanent contract that includes valuable autism-tailored benefits, such as the ongoing support of a dedicated Coach who provides practical and emotional support to help you thrive in your role.
- Min 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays with optional annual leave purchase available
- Private health insurance package
- Friendly and productive work environment where reasonable adjustments are understood and encouraged
- Personal development with fully funded courses
What we are looking for
Essential Criteria – please apply if you have:
- Evidence of an autism diagnosis, alternative documentation to evidence your autism, or evidence that you are in the process of obtaining a diagnosis
- the ability to commute to central Dublin on a regular basis. As a responsible employer we are aware of the sensory and emotional impact of longer commutes. We consider a reasonable commute to be no longer than 1.5 hours each way.
- strong Python or R skills, including the use of relevant libraries (NumPy, Pandas etc)
- experience in 2 out of the following 3:
– use of data analysis tools
– processing large data sets accurately
– use of relational databases
Desirable Criteria (Please note that you do not need to meet all, or any, of the criteria listed below in order to apply)
- Previously used Tableau, Power BI, Qlikview, Spotfire, etc.
- Certification in one of the major cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform etc.)
- Some knowledge/experience of machine learning (eg TensorFlow)
- Cyber security skills, experience or certification (eg CompTIA)
- some relevant work experience OR the practical application of skills which could be obtained through a PhD for example
Due to the differing needs of our clients, we cannot guarantee an entirely remote role, therefore some commuting into Dublin will be required. However, as we appreciate the impact that commuting and office environments can have on our consultants, we ensure reasonable adjustments are implemented and encourage flexible or hybrid working arrangements where possible.
Successful candidates must have ongoing permission to work in Ireland.
We are committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of our work. You will be treated in a fair and equal manner regardless of your gender, marital status, race, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation.
We welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds, people with disabilities, people from diverse educational and socio-economic backgrounds and people who identify as LGBTQIA+.
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do at auticon UK and that starts with our recruitment process, which has been designed to make you feel comfortable to be your authentic self. Find out more about our 4-stage recruitment process on our website: auticon – Careers UK
As a disability confident leader, we are committed to providing applicants with any reasonable adjustments or accommodations needed. Therefore, please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments as part of the recruitment process.
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining the auticon team then please submit your application using the “Apply for Job” button.
If you have any questions about the opportunities at auticon please send them to email@example.com
There is no closing date for this role as our aim is to recruit on an ongoing, rolling basis throughout the year with flexible start dates. If we do have to remove or amend this advert, you will have the option to join our Talent Pool instead.
If you feel you don’t meet the requirements for this role, but you are autistic and interested in this type of work, we also encourage you to join our Talent Pool so we can stay in touch.
If you’re interested in joining the auticon team then please submit your application below:
To apply for this job please visit auticon.breezy.hr.